Thursday, October 12, 2006

Chicken baked rice

I think Singaporeans first knew about baked rice when Swensons introduced it to their menu a couple of years ago. I am not too sure whether I first tasted it at Swensons or whether I tried it at home. My mom apparently loved it so much, she started making it at home on a regular basis. I think she developed the recipe on her own. I am not too sure. Anyway, its really simple. Fry onions and mushrooms in olive oil. Add in diced chicken seasoned with salt and pepper and fry till the chicken is browned on both sides. Place rice in a casserole dish, pour the chicken mixture on top. Pour in canned mushroom soup and cover with lots and lots of cheese. Bake till the cheese is golden brown. I actually modified the recipe today and I honestly think its better this way. I replaced the onions with the leeks and I think the mixture tasted richer with this change.

M: I am not a fan of baked rice but W's version is good.



No comments: