Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Braised chicken, pork and egg with rice



D is here on his weekly visit and I made used of this opportunity to cook something Chinese, something I can't do on a regular basis for M's meals. I am thinking of doing this on a weekly basis as well, was thinking of making three cups chicken next week, when D comes over again. I didn't have enough chicken for a full meal, so I added some pork to it. Its quite a nice mixture of meats. What I did was to fry some garlic (with the skin), shallots, sliced ginger, star anise and sugar till they are fragrant and add the chicken and pork to the mixture. Fry the meats till they are brown on both sides and add dark soya, a bit of light soya, water and five spices. Bring to the boil and simmer. Add some hard boiled eggs and continue the simmering till the meats are cooked. Serve with white rice. Yums.

Of course, the picture is taken by D. I can't possibly take such good pictures. The food arrangement was done by him as well. Looking back at my old food blog, my pictures really suck...

No comments: